This tour is like a trip across the layers of time, back to the oldest recorded Lithuania history.
As we can only imagine some of the heritage in this location, much has been explained by archeological reconstructions while the rest of the charm is simply felt – as astonishing views from the hilltops accent Neris river basin.
Kernave is the first capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania mentioned in historical chronicles (the second half of the 18th century). The hill forts of Kernave are unique in the entire Baltic Sea region, as there are five on just one location.
To help us travel in time to pre-christian history, this tour includes a visit to the oak tree sanctuary which has a beautifully reconstructed “old God” trail and ending the tour with a cup of tea/coffee on an astonishing bluff overlooking river Neris.
If you wish, this tour can be expanded into a full day tour, which offers a deeper dive into history, art and nature walks.
||Pick up from Your hotel|
|WEAR||Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
|PRICE||€ 65 per person (groups of 2 or more people)
If you’re travelling solo or in a group of more than 4 people – contact us for a special rate
- Kernave fortrell hill complex
- Archeological Museum
- Medieval city reconstruction site
- Oak tree sanctuary
Additional tours available upon request at a special rate:
- A visit of hill cemeteries (5-13 century old tradition burial sites which included ‘cremation’).
- Ethno cultural village, and a visit to another, more remote hillforts, a stream and more panoramas and vistas.
- A pleasant visit and meet and greet with sculptor H. Orakauskas who lives and creats in Kernave.
- A visit to Vinoja sculpture park.