Major Lithuanian Airport Closes for Renovation, Providing an Opportunity to Explore One Additional City.
Vilnius airport moves to Kaunas from July 14 to August 18, 2017. Vilnius in Love team now offers transfer Kaunas-Vilnius and a sightseeing package of two cities instead of one.
Our tour includes: a pick-up from Kaunas international airport by one of our guides, followed by a Kaunas old-town tour, which includes a 1.5 hour informative excursion and a stop over for a cup of coffee in a cozy cafe, followed by a drive to Vilnius, which will be further accompanied by interesting stories about Lithuania. Our tour guide will drive you to Vilnius and drop you off wherever you are staying (a list of recommended hotels can be found here) or another location at your request. The Vilnius old-town tour can be conducted the same day or any other day convenient to you. Preferred arrangements will be discussed and agreed upon with your tour guide.
If you are up for it – additional tours can be selected at a discount price. Please see the ‘additional description’ for more information.
Also, please remember – you can customize your tours – for instance – if you’d like a ‘reverse’ tour and would like to see Kaunas on your way back to the airport – we can certainly arrange that – just contact us to discuss the tour details.
||Kaunas international airport|
|WEAR||Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
|PRICE||€ 150 per person (groups of 2 or more people)
If you’re travelling solo or in a group of more than 4 people – contact us for a special rate
- Pickup from Kaunas airport
- Sightseeing in Kaunas Old Town (1,5 hours)
- Transfer to/from Vilnius (200 km)
- Sightseeing in Vilnius Old Town (2,5 hours)
Additional tours available upon request at a special rate (booked together with the Kaunas – Vilnius transfer tour):
An expanded excursion of Kaunas that includes the tour of the old town and additional attractions (3 hour excursion) – getting up and close with its mysteries and charm as a Lithuanian capital from 1920 to 1940, during a very tumultuous period in Europe (60 Euros*)
– Theme-based excursion “Kaunas the Fortress” (120 Euros*)
– Trip to Pazaislis Monastery, the most magnificent example of Italian Baroque architecture in Lithuania (25 Euros*)
– Trip to Rumsiskes, an open-air ethnographic museum set in a picturesque bank of Kaunas Lagoon (50 Euros*)
– Excursion to Trakai, medieval castle on the lake (50 Euros*)
– A walk through Kernave, the ancient medieval capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, representing a testimony to 10 millennia of human settlements (50 Euros*)
* Groups of upto 7 people
* Admission tickets and gratuities not included